The days are getting longer, the air a little crisper, the eastern states are showing signs of fall colors – it must be time to update the ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes. A short blog cannot cover every change, but we...
There’s a lot of work that goes into running a medical practice. From scheduling, to phone calls to seeing patients, there’s most likely not a lot of down time. In order for medical practices to operate smoothly, it truly takes a team effort and the right technology.
There are many ways to streamline operations and improve productivity by using automation. And it doesn’t have to be costly or complicated. With the help of an electronic health record (EHR) practices can automate some of the daily processes that slow them down.
Here are four ways practices are automating their practice with Practice EHR:
- Appointment Reminders - Appointment reminders eliminate the inefficiencies that come with calling every patient to remind them about their appointment. Most likely, you don’t get them on the first ring anyway and are leaving a voicemail. With appointment reminders, you can improve this whole process and remind patients about their appointment with an automated, customized message.
- Eligibility Checks - Automated eligibility verification improves productivity for your front desk staff, while saving your practice time and money. Automated eligibility allows you to verify patient coverage more efficiently, without having to call to verify by phone. Instead, the system will automatically pull a patient’s insurance status 24 hours before a scheduled appointment, freeing up your phone lines and your staff.
- Patient Portals - Patient portals are great for your patients and great for your practice, and they are gaining popularity. Patient portals improve productivity for the entire team by automating tasks like scheduling, check in paperwork and sharing of health records and patient results. This gives your staff the ability to make better use of their time and dedicate resources to other activities that need more attention. Portals give patients more ownership and at the same time reduce the workload of the practice by eliminating a lot of unnecessary phone calls and time spent on activities that can ultimately be handled more efficiently through the portal.
- Claim Scrubbing - Claim scrubbing is a win-win for physicians and billers. Using an integrated clearinghouse, codes are automatically checked for errors and warnings, before it gets sent to be billed. With automated claim scrubbing, physicians code with more confidence and spend less time on the phone with their biller, while simultaneously reducing denials and ensuring quick payment.
From the front office staff to the physician, every team member is busy with daily responsibilities within a medical practice. There’s no need to sacrifice anymore time, productivity and profitability than necessary. As you look for ways to improve productivity and efficiency in your practice, consider the benefits of an EHR that can provide automation. Learn more about how we can help. Request a demo of Practice EHR today!
- EHR Solution
- Small Practice
- Integrated EHR
- Practice EHR News
- Healthcare Office Management
- digital age
- Cloud-based EHR
- Specialty-Specific EHR
- Patient Care
- Client Favorites
- New Technology
- Industry Update
- Product Updates
- Urgent Care
- Regulatory Updates
- HIPAA Security
- Revenue Cycle Management